Solid project management is critical to running successful projects or large scale programs (grouping of related projects). At KIM Consulting Group, we can help you get the project management working effectively right from the beginning. Research has shown only 28% of projects were deemed a success, the rest had significant cost or schedule over runs, failed to deliver expected benefits or were cancelled completely.
You don’t want your projects to be part of this statistic! The right mix of planning, monitoring, and controlling can make the difference in completing a project on time, on budget, and with high quality results.
The only way that these objectives can be met is through the use of effective project management processes and techniques.
The following steps assist in successful project delivery:
- Identify the products to be created and the associated quality criteria
- Plan the work to a level of detail that is foreseeable and manageable
- Create a planning horizon
- Define project management procedures up front
- Manage the workplan and monitor the schedule and Budget
- Look for warning signs
- Ensure that the sponsor approves scope-change Requests
- Guard against scope creep
- Identify risks up front
- Continue to assess potential risks throughout the project
- Resolve issues as quickly as possible
The following are key services KIM Consulting Group can provide:
- Dedicated program management: Full-time resources to manage your portfolio of projects.
- Dedicated project management: Full-time on-site resources to manage your large projects or group of smaller projects.
- Scalable project management: Part-time on-site resources to manage projects that don’t require a full-time engagement.