Developed by APMG in partnership with the DSDM Consortium, AgileBA® is a new guidance, training and certification scheme designed for business analysts working in an agile environment. The Business Analyst is a critical role within an agile project team and with more and more organizations adopting agile approaches, we need to ensure those performing this crucial role have the necessary skills and expertise.
Training and certification has been designed to give the Business Analyst the skills needed to successfully gather, analyse, validate and champion the requirements throughout an Agile project. It also gives context to the Agile Business Analyst role beyond the individual project, in relation to organizational mission and strategy, providing additional depth and guidance for business analysis in an agile context.
AgileBA® guidance and training will help individuals and organizations:-
- Lay the foundations for successful agile projects.
- Explain how the business analyst role and skills fit in an Agile environment.
- Clarify the different ways of working with the Agile BA during the phases of an Agile project.
- Outlines the lifecycle of an Agile requirement and how to write good, effective Agile requirements.
- Provide a comprehensive set of techniques and practices for effective business analysis and collaborative agile working.
This certification provides business analysts involved in Agile projects, large and small, with the tools they need to adopt an agile approach. It gives advice on focus and value-delivery and guidance on working with business stakeholders, developers, testers and outlines the skills needed to deliver solutions incrementally. It equips the business analyst with techniques to incorporate Agile approaches into a programme and to align change with organizational objectives.
Individuals will gain:-
- Knowledge and understanding of AgileBA
- Agile Business Analysis techniques
- How to move from traditional to more agile ways of working
AgileBA will provide an organization with a standard approach to executing agile projects, as the approach is aligned with AgilePM and AgilePgM.
Implementation of AgileBA delivers the following advantages:
- Informs Agile and traditional project managers – who often also have business analysis responsibilities, of the content of an Agile business analyst role in addition to educating them on Agile techniques.
- Scrum developers will benefit from gaining an understanding of the Business Analyst role. AgileBA fills the gap of lacking Business Analyst understanding as a result of there being no defined roles for Scrum developers.
- Product Owners will benefit from the Agile development skills delivered during the AgileBA training courses.
- Exam Format
- Multiple Choice
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Complex Multiple Choice
- 4 questions per paper with 20 marks available per question
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- 2.5 hour duration
- Open-book (AgileBA Handbook only)